Motivational thoughts, tips and support to singles along the single's path.
Thursday, September 2, 2010
Tears Of Wonder
There are not many occasions in which I have found myself crying over the scriptures, but I did today.
While reading John 17, I was brought to tears for the love that was being shown for us. Jesus took the time that he had left before his arrest and torture and prayed for me and for you. What made me shed buckets of tears was when the Holy Spirit imparted to me that it was like a mother's love for her child. A mother who knows that her child/children would be in need of her protection when she is not around. Verses 11-12, 14-17 & 20-23 truly brings home the love that our Lord Jesus has for us.
It was "Adrian Rogers" who said, Jesus doesn't love you because you are valuable; you are valuable because He loves you.
Who beautiful it is to know that in a world where we can scarcely trust our best of friends, we have a Savior who loved us from the beginning of time and who sticks by our side closer than a brother or sister, but of which I have experienced as proof.
Tears are starting to flow all over again. Oh to get to that place where we are fully contented in him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment